Crane & Rigging Workshop Keynote Speaker Announced
(July 2, 2018)
- The 2018 Crane & Rigging Workshop speakers and topics have been announced, covering everything from legal education and regulatory updates to cutting-edge technology and safety practices. This year’s event, Sept. 26-28 at the Louisville Marriott Downtown, Louisville, KY, features some of the industry’s top professionals hosting sessions on a variety of topics, including:
- The Road to Change - Anne Mahlum’s compelling personal story and work with “Back on My Feet”, a nonprofit organization combatting homelessness through the power of running, will be the keynote address. Anne teaches people how to create change in their personal or professional lives, how to start and/or grow a business, and how to lead teams and achieve rapid growth.
- Bridging the Gap Between Compliance & Choice - Using SC&RA’s new Severe Weather Guidelines as an example, Troy Pierce, Vice President HSE, TNT Crane & Rigging, Inc. will explain best practices for managers who want to introduce new practices and rules to employees.
- Mobile Cranes on the Move: Using New OS/OW Rules to Your Advantage – Cranes can now be efficiently moved while reducing risk. SC&RA’s Steven Todd explains how to take advantage of a recent federal government ruling on mobile cranes to maximize your time and budget.
- Calculating Sling Angles & Hardware Selection - Learn how to calculate reduction factors, tension factors and the effects of angular loading on hardware. Sam Socolow, Ashley Sling, Inc., will share how to identify hazards and reinforce proper inspection prior to use.
- An Attorney’s Point of View: Playing Offense with OSHA – Take control of your company’s compliance by knowing your rights and responsibilities. Michael Rubin, Partner Attorney with Goldberg Segalla LLP, will discuss strategies for managing an inspection when an OSHA inspector is on site.
The Workshop wraps up on Friday, Sept. 28, with an exclusive tour of Link-Belt Cranes’ headquarters in Lexington, KY.
To see the complete agenda, speakers and to register, click here