Hurricane Harvey/Irma Transportation Impact
(September 7, 2017)
- To help companies understand how to resume operations after Hurricane Harvey and prepare for Irma, SC&RA member company Comdata, Inc. and AASHTO have provided information regarding various procedures pertaining to the movement of legal and oversize/overweight loads in and out of Texas/Louisiana. As the state of Florida, and U.S. eastern states brace for Irma, members should familiarize themselves with emergency declarations. The information is as follows:
President Trump signed an emergency declaration for Florida here
Please see all executive orders linked here
The flooding conditions are improving across southeast Texas, however rivers continue to discharge the unprecedented rainfall. Closed or flooded conditions are still present on major and minor routes, and could continue through the week.
Hurricane Harvey Storm Condition:
No permits on specified highways in the specified counties in the following TxDOT Districts:
Beaumont District: All Highways in All Counties
- Corpus Christi District: All Highways in Aransas and Refugio Counties
- Houston District: All Highways in Brazoria, Fort Bend, Galveston Counties
- In Harris County: All Highways except IH10 ML between the Ft Bend/Harris County line and Magnolia St, IH45, IH69, IH610, All Highways inside of IH610, US290, and SH249
- Yoakum District: All Highways in Matagorda and Wharton Counties
The TxDMV will not issue oversize/overweight permits for travel into or out of disaster areas for loads not related to relief efforts. Only oversize and/or overweight vehicles involved in the relief efforts will be allowed to travel in the Hurricane Harvey affected areas
. Active permits issued prior to the disaster will be extended as needed for travel at a later date.
Motor carriers transporting oversize and/or overweight loads for Hurricane Harvey disaster relief efforts have two options, the permit waiver per Gov. Gregg Abbott’s Declaration of Disaster or the MAP-21 Emergency Relief Permit per President Trump's Declaration of Disaster. Visit the following link for more details: http://www.txdmv.gov/harvey
Galveston County is now open to all oversize/overweight vehicle and load travel.
IFTA/IFP WAIVERS FOR EMERGENCY
Access the waivers here
For more information or to update SC&RA on conditions you’re seeing on the ground in these affected states, contact Steven Todd