Plant Tours/Infrastructure Predictions Kick Off 2017 SC&RA Crane & Rigging Workshop
(Centerville, VA June 29, 2017)
- The Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association’s (SC&RA) Crane & Rigging Workshop will be held September 20-22 at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
in Kansas City, MO. Registration is now open with early-bird pricing available through June 30.
As the premier event for crane and rigging professionals, the Crane & Rigging Workshop attracts hundreds of principles, top managers, safety directors, operations personnel and crane operators from many of the industry’s foremost companies across the globe. This year, the Workshop will place special emphasis on safety issues, equipment use and maintenance as well as regulatory concerns, and legislative updates, while also providing attendees ample time for networking with leaders in the field.
Many of the industry’s top professionals will also present educational sessions during the week, including:
- The Future of America’s Infrastructure – Economists have a widely-held belief that infrastructure spending results in economic growth, increased employment and lowered poverty levels. So how do you address the need for nearly $4.6 trillion in spending to bring up America’s D+ rating? Hear from Stephen Sandherr, CEO, Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) as he discusses the new administration’s plans to tackle the nation’s challenges and how it will specifically impact the crane and rigging industry.
- ELD’s – Not Just a Trucking Issue, It Applies to Cranes Too! – Chris Nelson, Vice President, ISE Fleet Services, LLC will take you from A to Z on ELD’s. Learn about this new mandate, exemptions, timelines, and how to research vendors. Most importantly you’ll be able to determine how the ELD mandate impacts your company and what steps you need to take before December 2017, to ensure compliance.
- Virtual and Augmented Reality and The Future of Work – The world is changing, technology is evolving, the skilled labor gap is growing, but so is automation, machine learning and artificial intelligence. How will these forces converge over the next decade and how will that effect your organization? Zack Parnell, President & CEO, Industrial Training International will share how leading organizations are adapting to these forces well, implementing “lean learning” methods, and utilizing the solutions for training today that will become the ubiquitous tools for performing actual work tomorrow.
- Is Your Lift Director Qualified? What is the role of a Lift Director? What are their responsibilities on a jobsite? William “Hank” Dutton, Senior Technical Specialist, Construction, Travelers will explain the critical role a lift director plays in the oversight, planning and execution of lifts. He will also review the key skills and requirements necessary for lift directors and what systems you can utilize to ensure your lift directors are qualified and meet OSHA compliance.
To see the complete schedule, click here
The Workshop will also feature two special opportunities to view state-of-the-art facilities. On Tuesday, September 19, Custom Mobile Equipment rolls out the welcome mat for all Workshop registrants to visit their manufacturing facility in Baldwin City, Kansas (about an hour’s drive from the Workshop Hotel). See the Versa-Lift line of five fork lifts with capacities ranging from 17,000# - 140,000# that are designed specifically for machinery moving. Stop by and see a working demonstration of the new 17/25 Versa-Lift. Call Nathan Dick, (785) 594-7474, for an appointment.
The second event is a tour of a wire rope manufacturing facility operated by the world’s largest manufacturer of wire, synthetic rope, and wire rope. On Friday, September 22, WireCo WorldGroup is opening its doors to Workshop attendees, providing you the unique opportunity to see the process from beginning to end. Experts will be on hand to answer your questions regarding wire rope production, testing, handling, storage, installation, inspection and maintenance plus information on synthetic crane ropes and winch ropes. Located in Sedalia, Missouri - only 90 minutes from the Workshop host hotel. Transportation and lunch are provided.
With a schedule that also includes committee meetings and a sold-out exhibit center, the Workshop is a can’t-miss event. Visit the Crane & Rigging Workshop website
to register, learn more about hotel and travel information, and find full the full event schedule. Contact Surian Choi at firstname.lastname@example.org
with questions, or call (703) 698-0291.