SC&RA Annual Conference Scheduled for April 17-21 in Boca Raton
(CENTREVILLE, VA - January 22, 2018)
Join the Industry’s Biggest Influencers and Celebrate SC&RA’s 70th Year
- The 2018 Specialized Carriers and Rigging Association (SC&RA) Annual Conference will be held at the Boca Raton Resort in Boca Raton, Florida, from April 17-21 and is predicted to attract hundreds of the industry’s leading owners, CEO’s, and top managers.
The week will be packed with education sessions, committee meetings, sporting events, and networking sessions, bringing together a range of industry figures to connect and share insights. Highlights of the conference include the SC&R Foundation Gala: Racing Toward Our Future; a packed Products Fair; the NCCCO Fun Run/Walk; and a closing dinner recognizing the winners of the Association’s coveted Job of the Year Competition and annual Safety Awards. This year, the conference will also be commemorating the 70th anniversary of SC&RA.
As always, the event includes a variety of stimulating education sessions and exciting guest speakers. The 2018 Conference line-up will feature the following:
Opening Session: The Heart-Led Leader
– Speaker Tommy Spaulding explains how leaders and organizations who lead with their hearts are more successful and achieve better results than those who don’t. He’ll show that love and results are not opposites—they are two sides of the same coin. If you love what you do, if you love the people you do it with, if you love your culture, if you love your mission, if you love your team, if you love your customers, you will achieve better results.
Key Standards of Care for Crane & Transport Companies
– What are the safety standards of care for crane and trucking companies? What are the responsibilities of all parties in a crane lift? Who’s responsible for what? Bill Smith, Executive Vice President Claims & Risk Management at NationsBuilders Insurance Services (NBIS), will have you asking yourself: What can I do to get my transportation costs and accidents under control? How can I teach my employees defensive driving, or better yet, do I know how they are driving my equipment? Come to this session and learn about the responsibilities in a crane lift to protect your company as well as tools and techniques to reduce your auto transportation exposure.
How Do Your Numbers Stack Up?
– Your business is impacted daily by internal and external challenges. From the state of the economy, to new regulations, to the driver shortage and more, understanding how each uniquely impacts your operations can mean the difference between failure and success. This general session will feature three of the industry’s favorite data analysts: American Trucking Associations Chief Economist Bob Costello, American Transportation Research Institute President Rebecca Brewster, and Associated General Contractors Chief Economist Ken Simonson, who will walk you through the numbers associated with trucking and construction’s top issues so you can better understand how to drive your business to success.
Rock, Roll and Laugh Your Way to the Top
– As a comedian who has opened concerts for stars ranging from Keith Urban to Celine Dion, Greg Schwem has seen how rock and roll is really a business. Every company and employee has “rock star” potential. Schwem shows you how to achieve that potential in a presentation combining hilarious comedy, live concert footage and a musical soundtrack featuring everything from classic rock to country to techno. He’ll tell you why every office needs a Keith Richards, and warn you not to let your company become a country song.
Regular member registration is $850, $510 for spouses/guests or children over eighteen, and $435 for children. Regular non-member registration is $1,270 for non-members, $755 for spouses/guests or children over eighteen, and $650 for children. Online registration ends on March 30, 2018. After March 30, registration is available on-site at a higher cost. Additional fees are required for the SC&R Foundation Gala, Golf Tournament, SC&R Foundation Mega Raffle, and the Spouses’ Yacht Excursion.
Registration, hotel details, and the full program of events can be viewed here
. For more information contact Surian Choi at firstname.lastname@example.org