Scholarship & Grant Program
Congratulations to the 2014-2015 Grant & Scholarship Winners
- Caleb Brack, Heavy Iron Cranes (Southern Industrial Continuing Education)
- Jonathan Caldwell, AmQuip Crane Rental LLC (Terex Continuing Education)
- Sara Crowley, Lone Star Transportation (Mammoet Continuing Education)
- Steven McLean, Beyel Brothers, Inc. Crane and Rigging (George Bragg Memorial)
- Samson Meyer, Marco Crane & Rigging Co. (NBIS Continuing Education)
- Lacey Rucker, WireCo World Group (Christopher Lorenz Memorial)
- Jamal Shaheen, Specialty Crane & Rigging (Bennett International Group Continuing Education)
- David Dague, Keen Transport, Inc.
- Ericka Davis, McTyre Trucking Company, Inc. (TNT Crane & Rigging Continuing Education Grant)
- Donald Hinds Jr, Keen Transport, Inc.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The next round of Scholarships will open September 2014.
Scholarships are awarded to students working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree. Awards may be up to $3,000 each.
Eligibility: Children, Grandchildren, Employees, Spouses (Employee or Parent must work for SC&RA Member Company). Intention of entering the
“I think that having received the SC&R Foundation Scholarship was a nice talking point during my job interview with Allyn International. It gave me the opportunity to talk about how I became interested in the field…”
2004 Foundation Scholarship Winner
Mathew Paul, Allyn International Services, Inc., Ft. Myers, Florida
ABOUT THE GRANT PROGRAM
The Foundation will open a second round of grants in late June 2014. We still have $25,000 we plan to award in 2014!!
Grants are now open to the public! You don't need to be an employee of a member company or related to an SC&RA member company to apply!
Grants are awarded to recipients who would like to take a continuing education course or attend vocational/technical college such as welding courses or diesel mechanics courses. Awards may be up to $5,000 each.
Eligibility: The grants are now open to the public as of January 2014. Children, Grandchildren, Employees, Spouses of SC&RA member companies as well as anyone looking to pursue a career in the industry are eligbile to apply. (4 yr and graduate students are not elgible for the grant but are encouraged to apply for the Scholarship)
“If you’re given the opportunity to learn, why not take it? If the Foundation or your company is paying for it, you’re getting a new career opportunity handed to you. It seems to me that it doesn’t get any easier than that.”
2012 Foundation Grant Winner
Donald Wayne Newman, McTyre Trucking, Orlando, Florida
For additional information, contact the Foundation at
email@example.com or (703) 698-0291