Members Receive Login to New Training Center
(March 25, 2020)
- This week, SC&RA members should have received an email introducing the Association’s new online Training Center
. Here members can access webinars on topics ranging from crane, rigging, specialized transport, risk-management, human resources and general business practices. Members can enjoy:
Members-only discounts when purchasing online courses
- 24/7 access from any PC, Android or Apple device
- Downloadable MP3 files and certificates (upon completing a course)
Attendees of the Specialized Transportation Symposium can access the recordings from the Conference as downloadable podcasts or view online. Recordings from the Crane & Rigging Workshop this fall will also be available to attendees later in the year. The new online course, Bridge Safety & Accident Prevention, was developed with transportation and government officials across the country to educate carriers and reduce bridge hits. The course covers:
Scope and destruction of bridge strikes.
- Role of management in training and advocating safety and accident prevention.
- How the permitting process allows the driver to manage limitations of personnel and equipment.
- Elements of the pre-trip meeting to include steps to take, issuance and receipt of permit, as well as load securement.
- Elements of the physical move including an understanding of maneuvering, the communication process, and the role and responsibility of pilot cars.
Individuals who complete the online course receive a certificate. Introductory pricing is available for this course and companies interested in bulk pricing can contact Lisa Grepps