SC&R Foundation Announces New Officers
(Centreville, VA - May 14, 2019)
- The Specialized Carriers & Rigging Foundation (SC&R Foundation) named its new officers and committee chairs at its board meeting on Friday, April 26, during Specialized Carriers and Rigging Association (SC&RA) 2019 Annual Conference, April 23-27, at the Omni La Costa Resort in Carlsbad, CA.
Three new officers were named to the Foundation Board:
Dave Wittwer, with Hays Companies of Salt Lake City, UT, will serve a two-year term as president.
- Geoff Davis, with Unified Logistics of St. Petersburg, FL, will serve a two-year term as vice president.
- Jennifer Gable, with JK Crane of Kenvil, NJ, will serve a one-year term as treasurer.
Two new Committee chairs were elected:
- Jonelle Anderson, with NessCampbell Crane + Rigging of Portland, OR, will serve a two-year term as PR/Development chair.
- Debbi Evans, with Aspen Custom Trailers of Leduc, AB, Canada, will serve a two-year term as chair of the Grant/Scholarship Committee.
Dave Wood, with WHECO Corporation of Richland, WA, will complete his two-year term as chair of the Research Committee in 2020.
The new chairs and officers will join a Foundation focused on emphasizing awareness of the vast career viability within each of the Association’s industries as national trends indicate record-high need for skilled trade workers.
“2018 was an exciting year for the Foundation, with new research and workforce initiatives providing value to the Association and its members while increasing awareness about educational and job opportunities within our industry segments,” said Davis. “This year, and beyond, will see the Foundation press forward in workforce development and outreach to those wishing to have exciting and financially rewarding careers.”
To that end, the vision and goals of incoming president Dave Wittwer are in line with this overarching mission – as he looks forward to starting his term at a time when the Foundation is well-positioned to seize upon new opportunities.
“We welcome an updated strategic plan in 2019, the inclusion of Lift & Move and continued funding of workforce development initiatives,” he indicated. “One of my priorities during the next two years, consistent with the strategic plan, is to stabilize the funding mechanism for vocational scholarships and educational scholarships. By doing so, we attract new employees to the industry and enhance the knowledge base of existing employees who, in turn, will be valuable, contributing employees to SC&RA member companies.”
For more information on the SC&R Foundation Board and Committees, please contact Jackie Roskos, Foundation Director, at email@example.com
About the SC&R Foundation:
The SC&R Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization with the mission to promote and benefit the SC&RA members as well as the industry worldwide, through grants, scholarships, research and educational initiatives. The Foundation awards between $40,000 and $55,000 annually to individuals in addition to training courses as donated by partner organizations. Research projects include recruiting videos, a mobile app of industry terms, transportation-specific research and an industry financial benchmark study. Information on research, award deadlines and free downloads to members can be found at www.scr-foundation.org.